This week’s “$5 at Mandarake” purchase.
15 packs of trading cards, vintage from 1999. Original VN art, oh man.
I opened half the box, saving the rest for later. Things of note:
* I recieved a ‘winning card’ (Ayu, pictured). If I send it in, I get some promotional card, but only Nayuki or Ayu. Not worth it for a ten-year-old contest~
* Holographic Mishio card. MISHIO.
* I mean, I got an H-scene Shiori ;A; in my first pack. And then it took SIX more to get any Shiori cards. Pictured is -all- the Shiori from 7 packs.
3 cards out of 56.
What’s a person gotta do?
[KANON TRADING CARDS - 11/15/10 - 1100]
KANON TRADING CARDS - 11/15/10 - 1100
- # anime
- # kanon
- # shiori
- # not enough shiori
- # japan
- # canonchan wins contests - but only 10-year-old ones
- # does that make me a contest lolicon?
- # isn't it sad shiori fans - ALL THE TIME FOREVER (that is in caps by the way)
- # i seriously got more mishio than shiori in these packs wtf
- # also two ayu h-scenes yay hooray yippee
AKIHABARA (part N+11) - 11/14/10 - 64
Two of my friends want me to take them around Akihabara today.
They’re not particularly into anime or stuff; they have an appreciation for Ghibli works, but probably wouldn’t touch anything else.
So I’m guessing it’s just out of curiosity, that I’ve been turned into a tour guide.
But I keep thinking “Are you sure…!?”
I will probably accidentally scar them a lot today.
[AKIHABARA (part N+11) - 11/14/10 - 64]
KURAGEHIME OP, COMING TO A CONVENIENCE STORE NEAR YOU - 11/13/10 - 21
I don’t understand why these things happen, but I enjoy them when they do, skipping to the beat of the song.
[KURAGEHIME OP, COMING TO A CONVENIENCE STORE NEAR YOU - 11/13/10 - 21]
KURAGEHIME - 11/8/10 - 93
Well, the characters are beginning to get a bit overexaggerated in their actions, after two episodes.
This means that I can’t be a dirty shut-in who idealizes this building full of strange, overly-passionate people.
In exchange, I guess I’ll just have to enjoy the comedy and the situations that the show presents then.
Well, I still want to live in a place like this, with friends like these. I think I have some people like that now, I should learn to cherish.
also, why did even -I- react to the bishie-with-glasses-sharp-hair-and-a-suit in episode 2
[KURAGEHIME - 11/8/10 - 93]
- # anime
- # came close to calling myself a dirty otaku in this post but even as a self-depreciation i didn't want to somehow
- # canonchan actually watches anime
- # kuragehime
- # must remember to use line 'because I wanted to see you'
- # with a character that looks like chinami and acts like adorable how can you lose
DARKER THAN BLACK GAIDEN - 10/28/10 - 98
Watched in one sitting.
Having been away for so long, my head hurts.
Having been transfixed for so long, my body hurts.
My understanding of Yin is wildly inconsistent.
Perhaps that was the intention.
Sometimes I feel I don’t think hard enough, sometimes I feel I think too hard.
I ended up with three of my favorite emotions to have at an anime’s conclusion:
confusion, (because I like to think)
a sense of unease (because I like to feel),
and pure enjoyment (because I like to like things).
As always, Darker than Black remains a series to revisit.
- # anime
- # darker than black
- # canonchan watches anime for once
- # subconsciously been influenced into hei x yin by the people around him
- # not a lot to say in the tags this time as I'm writing this while the iron is fresh and the mind is not yet straightened out
- # also it's been forever since Gemini much less season 1 so that's like doubly lost
MENTAL REMINDERS - 10/23/10 - 65
I BETTER HOPE MY ROOMMATES GET DRUNK ENOUGH TO KEEP ME AWAKE UNTIL 1:30 AM ON WHATEVER NIGHT IS RELEVANT
I ALSO HOPE THAT THEY GET THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS ON THE SAME CHANNELS OUT IN NAGANO
THESE TWO REMINDERS ARE RELATED
ALSO I HOPE FOR WORLD HARMONY
AND CUTE BISHOUJOS
I ALSO HOPE MY VOICE IS NOT HOARSE FROM ALL THIS FERVENT REMINDING
[MENTAL REMINDERS - 10/23/10 - 65]
GHIBLI MUSEUM - 10/18/10 - 100
School field trips are awesome!
It’s a very Ghibli-esque place, out in a secluded, greenery-filled area. It definitely inspires some sort of childlike wonderment. Perhaps enhanced by the kids swarming this place. Makes you feel bad for the parents running to catch up.
The “studio” you can tour is obviously fake but is covered in assorted art, concepts, and text. If I knew Japanese, I could spend hours reading everything. And touching everything. Can’t do that in Mickey’s House, now can you.
Even a short little film - one about a water spider’s date - was included.
A cool place.
[GHIBLI MUSEUM - 10/18/10 - 100]
- # real life
- # japan
- # anime
- # take your picture with totoro yeah it is awesome
- # our pop culture teacher encouraged us to observe how people observed the museum
- # whoooooooo mass culture whoooooooo or something yeah I bought 100yen postcards
- # a lot of attractions are designed for kids but i rode them anyway
- # they didn't let me ride catbus aw man
- # today in canonchan trolls you: that girl was at the museum despite the fact that her field trip was last week
- # she said she was stalking people but i know the truth
- # the truth is she has a massive hardon for studio ghibli
- # i encourage your fantasties while denying them because i know the truth beyond the gates
- # no like seriously
- # although in all honesty this is a bit disrespectful to her in my head so I should probably stop soon
ROLE MANELS - 9/28/10 - 100
Role models + man = ROLE MANELS
Unashamed of himself, sharp like a knife in his field, and can part oceans with his passion.
I wish I could be this good at cleaning and cooking.
Or sometimes, I wish I could be good at everything. Even crossdressing.
Best amnesiac in the history of fiction. Charming and upbeat.
If I had chosen writing instead of computers…
Kaiji (Kaiji) / Battler (Umineko)
Hotheaded morons. But, passionate hot-headed morons, that can pull miracles together in the depths of hell.
Bringing monocles back. Oozes classy.
[ROLE MANELS - 9/28/10 - 100]
AN INTERACTIVE AUDIENCE ACTIVITY - 9/17/10 - 56
Maybe it’s meme-able. Who knows.
Go to the address bar of your web browser; type in the letter ‘A’. Record what comes up as the first result. Repeat for the remainder of the alphabet.
Write post, recieve amusement.
A is for the Anime Sexual Frustration Blog, and D is for Danbooru. That’s plenty cred right there.
[AN INTERACTIVE AUDIENCE ACTIVITY - 9/17/10 - 56]
EF MERCH IN JAPAN - 9/15/10 - 47
Between the wall of Key (half Little Busters, none Shiori)
and the corner of Navel,
across from the racks of Railgun, Working, and Amagami,
lied a small box with two little figure phone charms,
from the series I held so dear.
Miyako and Kei.
I HATE EVERYTHING
[EF MERCH IN JAPAN - 9/15/10 - 47]